Sunday, September 30, 2007

A new radio channel in town - Meow

This is my latest addiction. Though this channel claims to be indias first radio station, by woman, for woman and of woman. But its also Indias first radio station which is based on talk show. That means there are very few songs and rest is just people calling in and expressing their views on some topics which are sometime picked up from morning Times of India or contemporary.

For me, I normally dont listen FM radio, because I want to listen to the songs which I want not which some body else make me listen. So I always carry a good collection of Cassettes while I drive, yes i still have Cassette player in my car. Now with this new channel, most of the time, while driving long hours from Noida to G.Noida or back, I am tuned to Meow.

In morning, some shows are specifically for woman, related to kitchen, beauty and other stuffs. But in evening, you have tu-tu meow meow where they ask both genders to participate and express ur views. The best thing is that they dont pass judgement and there is no conclusion. So its just a way to listen what others think.

Also one of their programs, between the sheets, which I am not able to listen much as I myself between the sheets. This program is about the topics, strictly related to physical relations what women think about such things. The host is very popular among woman and even the show.

As I get bored with things easily, lets see how much time I am going to stick with this channel. I know I will come back to my good old RD Burman songs very soon..Till then I am enjoying it. And haan I once called in one of the show by Dr Kiran bedi to give my feedback about police reforms.

No comments: