Sunday, September 30, 2007

Best of luck Kailash - Part 1

Tonight it will be last night of my dear friend Kailash in India..at least for a while. Finally after 8 long years of stay with me..he is leaving for new avenues. In this short life we meet so many people, but only few leave mark like him.
We met some 8 years and 3 odd months back when I joined ST in 1999 june. I was a fresh graduate from lucknow, first time leaving my home. I was too scared and bit introvert. I exactly don remeber now, how and when I met Kailash in office or what was my first impression about him. Obviously he was 7 days senior to me in office so it must be office where I met him. The same day I joined ST guest house. He was also staying there and there was a group of Pant Nagar people there. These boys, Rajat, Kailash .... all have enjoyed their hostel life, which I missed being a day scholar, and very extrovert. They always had so many stories to tell about their college days. This was my first set of friends I made. Kailash was freevlous, jolly and was person who can mixup with any group of any age any type and will enjoy. I remember that on my first birthday in ST, just 8 days after joining ST, I was feeling a bit alone. So I invited Kailash and Rajat to join me for a dinner in motimahal(in front of Shipra hotel, sector 18 side) sponsered by me. They were surprised and were assuming that I must have got some other job. Then I told them about my birthday.
Kailash was in my team, led by bhawna and we used to interact a lot in office and guest house. After one month it was kailash birthday and I still remeber how he distributed the sweets and wished by so many people. Next day he was in fever, which he blames on a special person with whom he shook hand. Then came Dr. Midha, who was nearest doctor in that locality and always wanted to put glucose on him. That time, I some how felt a sense of responsibility and did what I could have done for a friend in need.
After spending 3 months in guest house we moved to our first rented apartment. It was fun those days sharing a house with altogether unknown people. Those were some learning years for me where I learnt how to live and how to share.
Coming back to kailash, we again came very close to each other when we spent some 2 months in Catania. It was a new place, new country but Kailash is one of such person who can make any place fun. I was known for my research and knowledge where as he was known for his jovial nature, easy going attitude. Thats why, I suppose, almost whole ST knew him. We shared some very special moments there. Kailash! do you remember our Naples trip? In train how you managed to explain an italian that we wanted him to change his compartment, just by sign language.
I have moved out of that rented apartment beacuse of my another very dear friend Manish has joined ST. But the relation we shared was still the same. Almost same time danish joined ST and a trio was formed. Danish was a sincere, khadoos kind of guy. In coming years this relation was going to reach new hieghts.

1 comment:

Kailash Digari said...

Hey Vishal. Yeh pad kar purane din yaad gaye yaar. I still rember all those days like yesterday. I really started admiring him the day he was there for me when I was ill in guest house. I was suffering from high fever and he was the one who was putting cold strip in my forehead for whole night. We hardly knew each other. Doosron ke kuch karne ka attitude. I still feel that attitude in vishal. That is one of the reason for which I'll always be your fan friend.